Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scott's Class

Ashley and I had fun on Tuesday when we went to school to read to Scott's class and have lunch with him.  We read a book that I had checked out from their school library entitled What do teachers do when you leave school?  It was hilarious because the teachers play, make messes, and break all the school rules.  Scott's class seemed to enjoy the book.  Then I told them that I wanted to play a game with them and tried to guess all their names from a class list that I had-it was an entertaining game.  A couple of them I knew, some I could tell because they would smile or point at the person when I called out the name, others I got totally wrong!  I told them that maybe, if they sat in the same place in the reading corner next time, I would be able to remember all their names again-not likely.  There are 16 of them and let's just say that their names are not ones that I am used to. 

It was fun being with Scott and meeting the friends I have been hearing about.  His teacher is SO nice and has been very helpful answering questions that I have had about school things and life here in the Philippines.

We also got to enjoy recess with Ryan and getting new books at the school library.  When we had some time to kill between activities we went to yet another Mall about 10 minutes from school which also has a grocery store attached to it, a fish pond, and a playground that Ashley enjoyed, and a stop to have some frozen yogurt that was delicious and refreshing.  I laughed because in the fish pond there was a sign that said not to feed the fish.  If they had known I was coming they would have added one that said No people in the fish pond, but thankfully we both stayed dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment