Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scott and the lizard

Scott was sweeping our bathroom this afternoon and came out with his hands cupped together.  I had been surprised not to find a lizard under the towel (that is our current bath mat) earlier today when I picked up to wash it.  So I thought maybe the teeny lizard had moved out.  Scott managed to find him.  and catch him.  I got the camera and we went outside, making sure to close the door behind us.  At first Ryan said he didn't want to hold the lizard, then he said he did.

I was disturbed (for the lizard) that he didn't move or try to get away when Scott opened up his hands.  We left him outside on the porch.  Then Scott started begging to keep him.  I have relented temporarily and he is in a plastic container, holes poked through the lid, sitting on the counter in the kitchen-not the one we put food on.  Scott said that he saw his leg move-I wonder if it twitched as he died.  I don't think that we will have the lizard or the plastic container with us much longer and that's ok with me.  I'm sorry that he died and am more than happy for us to have lizards outside but this is our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment