Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Funny Preschool Things

Ashley's preschool is truly a gift from God-I think that she would have been really sad and bored with me at home if I hadn't found a place for her to go.  There is one other little girl in her class named Zoey-she is quiet but seems very sweet.  The boys are Diego, Matthew, and Korean twins named Jun (pronounced like the month June) and Chan.  The teacher told me that sometimes she calls them Jackie and Chan-one of the boys heard her tell me this and started laughing).  I thought it was hilarious!  The teacher (Miss Rheena) also told me that they take a long time to eat lunch because all of them (except Ashley) bring rice to eat.  Having taught preschoolers I just thought getting them to eat a sandwich was a slow process-I can't imagine how slow and messy rice would be.  I don't know if they eat it with spoons or chopsticks-maybe I'll get to see sometime. 

I have realized that children universally all love bubbles!  Matthew brought some to school one day and the teacher started blowing them inside and all the children started jumping up and down excited and trying to pop the bubbles. 

I am SO thankful for Ashley's preschool and her sweet and loving teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment