Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Buggylators"

Wednesday night I took the kids to dinner at a new restaurant.  It's called Gram's Diner.  The atmosphere reminded me a little of Steak and Shake.  Scott and Ashley had macaroni and cheese.  Ryan had chicken fingers and I had chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes, and veggies.  The food was okay but not great.  It is one of those places that serves breakfast all day-maybe I should have stuck with a breakfast food.

Anyway after dinner we went to yet another grocery store looking for Scott a replacement lunchbox.  In the days before cell phones my dear childhood friend, Stan Howington, and I said that if we were ever kidnapped the police should start by checking out phone booths because we had stopped in to call our mothers.  If I ever go missing in Manila, Greg should start at the malls and the grocery stores.

Okay back to the lunchbox hunt-you go into a foyer at this grocery store that is in a strip shopping center and there are immediately these things that look like escalators with no steps or a moving sidewalk from the airport that is on an incline.  This was the first time the boys had ridden one of these and we talked about why they were needed when a grocery store was upstairs in a building.  Scott and Ryan decided that they should be named "buggylators."  According to a sign on one of them they really are called walkalators but I thought the boys name was pretty good.  By the way, we didn't find a lunchbox there.

No comments:

Post a Comment