Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our 2nd best Manila story

This morning we left the house, dropped Greg off at his office, and took the boys to school-that part didn't go so smoothly.  I was planning to just drop Ryan off but he wanted me to walk with him just 1 more day.  I told Chris, our driver, (I thought) to drop Scott off at his building and I would text him when we were ready to go home.  I told Scott goodbye, see you this afternoon, and have a good day.  Ashley, Ryan, and I walked into Ryan's building with him.  He led us to the playground, we put his things on the sign for his class and went to play.  After Ryan went to class at 8:00, Ashley and I went up to the library to read books for a while-I'm getting tired of reading the same ones that we have at home over and over.  We had been reading for a while and it was about 9:00.  Chris and Scott came walking in the library, and my first thought was wondering if Scott had gotten sick in class and for some reason they contacted the driver and not me.

Well as it turns out, Scott was fine-he and the driver had been sitting in the parking lot waiting for us for an hour and a half!  He texted me at 8:30 but I didn't hear the phone.  I laughed to myself-thinking what a great way to start off the year, being tardy on the 3rd day of school.  Our driver is such a nice guy and was SO apologetic for the misunderstanding.  We went to the office, got Scott's tardy slip and walked him to class-I explained that we were sorry to be late but had had a misunderstanding with the driver.  His teacher said not to worry about it that he should write about the story in his journal-that was what they were working on when we came in. 

After that, I got a text from the pool guy who came early enough to get into the neighborhood before we left to take the boys to school.  However I didn't think far enough ahead to write him a gate pass to get out of the neighborhood so I got Greg to find the phone number of the neighborhood gate and call them to tell them it was okay for the pool guy to leave.  At about this same time, Greg was calling to tell me that the person at Fluor's office that the pool guy was supposed to meet this morning wasn't there.  So he needed me to text Rox (the pool guy) to give him the new person's name.  Oh well maybe the rest of the day will go a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment