Saturday, August 20, 2011

Playing at School

On Thursday afternoon, Ashley and I went to school to take care of a few things and exchange our library books.  I told the boys that morning that we could stay after and play on the playgrounds.  I took the camera with me so that I could get some pictures of the school fish pond-yet another one, but hopefully a less embarassing deal than the one at the hotel.  I wish I had pictures of that one but I am not about to return there to take pictures. 

Anyway, we played on Scott's playground and then went to the fish pond.  There is a bridge over the little pond and benches-I think it is called the meditation garden on the school map.  It would be a great quiet place to sit and read if you didn't have noisy children with you.  I took pictures of the kids there and the fish and thankfully no one slipped, fell in, or even got wet-though Scott was just itching to put his fingers in the water.  I'll post the pictures when I can.

Something funny about the bridge though-there are spaces between the boards so that you could look down and see the water.  Ashley was hilarious to watch-she was walking so tentatively-like she thought the bridge was going to collapse on her at any moment.  She did this the whole time we were there-it was funny. 

Sadly then as we were walking to Ryan's playground she fell on a sidewalk and got a pretty good skinned knee but we got her cleaned up, played some more and went home for a nap-which always helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment