Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reading Resources

I am generally not a huge fan of little people being on the computer but maybe out of desperation or just because when I sit down with our laptop Ashley always wants to do something too I have to share a GREAT website for kids-learning letters and pre-reading skills-(no you can't take the teacher out of the mommy) or even just kids that like to be read to.  I generally do the typing and the mouse, especiallly on a laptop but Ashley sat with me for a long time this morning reading books and doing games and watching movies.  It is
http://www.starfall.com/
I have used this to some degree with all 3 of mine and they all really liked it.

The book that Ashley's preschool teacher uses is really cute and has a few others in the series with it-here is a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Alligator-Read-Sing-Along-Board/dp/0769644554/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I115A8HT8BV5JF&colid=31Z3C5ILA5LCJ

My other favorite movies/games for reinforcing reading skills at home is the Leapster series-handheld games or my very favorites are the Letter Factory and Word Factory DVDs.  They talk about letter sounds and making words and are very fun for kids to watch.  Ryan still asks to watch letter factory.

Hope these are helpful to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment