Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rain

Rainy season has not been as bad as we expected.  We thought it would rain all the time, but it doesn't.  Sometimes it will rain and before you can stop what you are doing and get inside, the rain has stopped.  However sometimes we do get really heavy rains.  We would love to have a rain gauge to put outside to measure the rainfall, but I can't find one.  I have looked at 3 hardware stores, 2 grocery stores, and Wilcon's Home Depot.  No one even seems to know what I am talking about when I ask for one.  So I have posted a message on the American Women's Club website to see if anyone else has ever seen them here.  I'll let you know what I find out.

I find it very funny that I can't find a rain gauge.  They sell umbrellas everywhere and hotels/resorts advertise come have fun here during the rainy season, salons say come get beautiful during the rainy season but I can't find a rain gauge so that we can measure what seems to be unbelievable amounts of rain that fall sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment