Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Funny story about my Aunt Todd and Gran

I posted about my Aunt Todd who passed away since we have been in Manila and later realized that I had forgotten a memory of her that I could leave out.  I was reading on a recipe blog about shelling peas and beans.  This reminded of countless hours (I'm sure theirs were much more productive than mine) of sitting in the swing under the tree in Gran's yard "helping" her and Aunt Todd with peas and beans.  I thought it was fun.  Two of my other aunts have also talked about how talented and quick Aunt Todd was at "putting up" corn, beans, tomatoes-you name it.

The really funny part was that Aunt Todd and Gran didn't travel but would "go on vacation" every summer.  That meant they would just sit in the swing-not doing beans or peas but would run the cord out the bedroom window and watch television while sitting in the swing.  This was funny to me even as a child but they always enjoyed their vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment