Friday, August 19, 2011

A book at Ashley's preschool

Miss Rheena uses an alphabet book with Ashley's class that made me laugh.  It has a cd that goes with it and the tune has been stuck in my head.  It starts with a is for alligator, b is for ball, c is for caterpillar, d is for doll.  The other little girl in Ashley's class always says here "I have a doll!"  Her name is Zoey and apparently she really loves her doll.  What I thought was so funny was that in this book m is for mitten and q is for quarter-both things totally foreign to most kids here.  The alphabet is printed in the back of the book and at the end of the song everyone gets to point out "their magic letter" i.e. the one their name starts with. 

She had another great day today-her favorite thing was that they made play-doh.  The school does a 3 day free trial, which Ashley has done this week.  So now she is officially registered and has 3 Little Apprentice t-shirts to wear to school.  Of course one of them is pink, one is green, and everyone has to have a white one to wear on field trips.  She is already excited about going back on Monday.  I'll have to take a picture of her in her "school uniform" to post later.

Something else that made me laugh-as I was filling out forms today, I was requested to list Ashley's "fetchers" from school.  At first I didn't know what they were asking for-then I realized they meant who was allowed to pick her up.  I explained that I would usually be the fetcher (not a title that I have called myself before) but Greg might need to sometimes or our driver in the case of an emergency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment