Friday, August 5, 2011

Random funny things about life here

-plastic things here are all very thin-especially drink cups in restaurants.  I had a friend tell me that she was trying to push her cup lid on better and the whole cup collapsed and spilled her drink all over her.  They also don't give you lids unles you ask for them.

-no drink refills-except at a very few places

-the fish crackers that I see are not fish shaped but contain fish-my children would have happily lived on goldfish in the US but they are a treat here

-since grocery stores are often 2 stories or located on the 2nd floor, they have these things that look like flat escalators or inclined moving sidewalks that you can put your buggy on

-it is interesting to wash and clean chicken to cook with no garbage disposal-should not have done that just after trash pick up this morning.  I also really missed my kitchen shears that are on our container.  However our lemon pepper chicken that we had for dinner tonight was really good!

-Greg laughed at me because I was all excited about the griddle pan that I had bought myself today for making pancakes.  When I got home I thought about the fact that my "flipper" is still on the container too.

-We still don't know exactly when our container will arrive-it was in Shanghai and left the port there but because of the current storm headed towards China, the ship went to Tokyo first (the opposite direction) from Manila.  I'm sure that it will show up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment