Sunday, November 20, 2011

Along the lines of being thankful

Lately we have participated or are collecting for 2 charity drives that have really struck me-

1.  The boys school is collecting paper to recycle and will donate the new paper made to a local public school nearby

2.  I saw a request for donations of pencils for another areas local schools-I went through and gave away some of the many that we brought with us and bought some more at the grocery store-I could get about 16 for what would equal about $1

Are there any of us who wonder if our kids will have paper/pencils to do their schoolwork with?  It breaks my heart to think that there are parents who do.  I know that there were many opportunities at home that I missed out on to share and give to others but have been blessed by these opportunities and am making a greater effort to keep my eyes and heart open for ways to share with others.

Along with this there are some things that I have vowed to never complain about again:
-school supply shopping-no matter how picky the list or how many stores I have to visit
-loading the dishwasher-because I will be thankful to have that appliance to do the washing
-looking for a parking place-because I will have the freedom to drive myself and have healthy legs to walk, whether the space is close or far away
-weather-because I miss the change of seasons and will appreciate them more when we come home-I love the year 'round swimming but I miss the fall leaves, picking apples and other traditional fall things, and it is just WEIRD that it is this close to Christmas and still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment