Monday, October 17, 2011

Random things I have been meaning to post about

-Not long after we got here, we all colored in the states on a US map that each of us had traveled to.  It was really fun with the boys and they were curious about our travels to other states.  Now I just need to print maps of this part of the world for them to color in countries that we get to travel to while we live here.

-I went to pick Ashley up at school one day and was talking to someone in the hall.  The classroom walls are just about 6 feet high and the ceilings are really tall.  Ashley's teacher told me that Yanna had said "I hear an American voice-it's Ashley's mommy!" 

-Ryan told me that his class had been outside to check on their rain gauge one day and the water had "vibrated."  I was trying to figure out what he meant and he said "you know, Mommy, when the sun makes the water go away"  I laughed and said "do you mean evaporated?"  He said Yes that's it!

-I obviously have not entirely gotten used to how things are done here yet-Ashley's teacher who is leaving the preschool texted us that she would be treating the children to a Jollibee lunch today to celebrate her birthday.  I wondered why no details were included like: which Jollibee and what time?  Of course, I should have realized that the teacher was having Jollibee deliver lunch to the school for the children at their regular lunchtime-silly me!

-TV here is interesting-we have several channels in English (more which are not) and some interesting things to choose from-a sports channel named Balls, an entire channel devoted to all talk shows-Letterman, Ellen, Oprah, and Rachael Ray to name a few, Cartoon Nework, National Geographic, Animal Planet, Disney channel, Japanese anime channel, the Asian Food Channel, and even home shopping channels.  Some of the American shows we get here are NCIS, Law and Order of several varieties, Criminal Minds, Mythbusters, Pawn Stars, How I met your Mother, Bones, CSI, and others.  Our neighborhood even has it's own channel for posting information.  Probably the most odd thing about watching anything on tv here is that rarely do shows begin or end on the hour.  There are fewer commercials so the shows don't take as long so you never know when something new will be coming on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment