Monday, October 17, 2011

Flood Part 2

On Wednesday night late, the kids were all asleep and our helper had gone home that night-it started to rain hard again.  I kept getting up and going to check on the bathrooms to make sure there was no flooding.  Everything was fine for a while, but then when I was ready to go to bed about 10:30 I realized that in the hour since I had last checked on things, water had risen quickly.  So I moved both boys to Grammy's bed in the office, started bailing water, and calling the maintenance guy from Greg's office.  He came at 11 to check on things.  I spent about an hour that night bailing water and using a dust pan with a long handle to "sweep" water into the bathrooms-onto the tile floor and off of the wood floor.

The boys did fine for a while but then when they both woke up, it was hard to get them quiet and back to sleep.  I ended up sleeping with Ryan in the bed, Scott one one den sofa and me on another.  I was debating about going to BSF the next morning and decided that with our helper here to let in the workmen to clean up there was no reason for us not to go.  I laughed as I sang the hymn during our opening time "Though troubles assail us . . .the Lord will provide." 

I sent brownies to work with Greg this morning for Jimmy, the maintenance guy and the janitorial staff who helped us clean up water twice last week!  Thursday, the owner of the house sent his contractor to look into it but unfortunately they didn't find anything that they could say was causing the flooding problems.  So we're not sure this is over yet-however we have had 2 full days of sunshine now-Sunday and Monday-what a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment