Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another special Friday-this time with Ryan

  Every week someone from each class receives a Brent Pride award for doing something special and these awards are announced and students are honored in chapel on Fridays.  I got a letter from Ryan's teacher that he would be receiving one and he was so excited and asked if I would come to chapel to see him get it.  Unfortunately Greg couldn't come because he had left home EARLY that morning to go on a 2 week business trip to Santiago Chile-his travels just to get there require its own post.
The man in yellow up front is Ryan's very enthusiastic PE coach who leads the kids in singing each week.  The song they were singing is

I walk by faith, each step by faith
To live by faith, I put my trust in You.
I walk by faith, each step by faith
To live by faith, I put my trust in You.
Every step I take is a step of faith
No weapon formed against me shall prosper
And every prayer I pray
Is a prayer of faith
And if my God is for me
Then who can be against me?
Words and Music by Chris Falson.
Copyright © 1991 Seam of Gold.
 Here is Ryan enjoying his singing and motions
 Here is Ryan standing next to Dr. Sutherland, the principal
 Ryan showing me his award after the program-then we went to his class to read books with them and show them our air pump and how it fills up a beach ball-they have been talking about air and weather in Science.
 Then Ashley and I wandered to visit the fish while waiting to join Ryan for lunch
 We stayed dry this time too.
 Here is Ashley showing me that she is 3! 

This is a video of Ryan receiving his award-so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment