Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ashley and her hair

Now that Ashley's hair is getting longer and it is always warm and sticky feeling here I have been doing her hair more in pony tails and pig tails.  She likes it when it is finished but doesn't always like the brushing part. 

We had been out somewhere and her pig tails were getting loose and messy looking and so I tightened them up.  Then Ashley said "Mommy my face is too tight!"    That really made me laugh.

 Thursday's braids-the first ones
 Ashley with Ms. Dali braiding her hair for her field trip on Friday morning.

Our sweet house helper (who just started with us on Tuesday) loves children and is very sweet with ours.  While Ashley was coloring one afternoon, Ms. Dali made her braided pigtails and Ashley was SUPER excited about them.  She kept asking me "what are these wrinkles in my pigtails called?" and running her fingers over them.

I love having such a girly girl!  We had time this morning so before her field trip I painted Ashley's toenails and my own and then she asked if I would do her fingernails too.  Her polished fingernails look really nice with the purple number 8 on one hand and the spider with 8 legs on the other hand.  Her teacher drew those as she left school Wednesday and they won't wash off.  Here are the results.  All her fingers are pink.  The toenails, however, one foot's nails are pink and the others are purple.  I told her to put on her socks and tennis shoes to go on the field trip and she said "I want to wear my sandals so that I can see my toes better!"  After 2 boys, that I love to pieces, it really is fun having a girl too!

No comments:

Post a Comment