Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I read on a blog recently of an expert on Oprah say that raising two children and being a stay-at-home mom is equivalent to three full-time jobs.  This made me laugh!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom in Heaven-I am so thankful for the Godly example of being a mom she was for me!  I miss her and think of her so often-even today as I was getting dressed to go to Ryan's class' Mother's Day Poetry cafe-I wore a pair of her earrings to take a little part of her with me!

Her only worry about losing her hair when she got sick was if it would scare the children-didn't bother them a bit.  We still have a GG character that we created on our wii video game-she wears a little hat!  Mom's dear friend Theta wanted to get Mom a wig and it hung with a clothespin on a coat hanger in the  closet when Mom wasn't wearing it.  I will begin by saying that it was a very cute wig, and Ashley did not mean to offend when she called it a "woof woof" ie a dog.  Ryan even decided to try it on once but wouldn't put it back on to let me take a picture.



 Here is one of my favorite pictures of her with the kids-Thanksgiving 2009
 Here are some pictures of me and Mom and my dear sweet Mother in law, Bev-whom I am VERY blessed to have!-from a baby shower when I was pregnant with Scott-
This is Mom, me, Kamaryn, and Theta-ie the friend who purchased the "woof woof".  Theta hosted the shower.  She is another that I wish a special Happy Mother's Day too-I will always cherish the fun, special times that our 2 families shared as Kam and I grew up and am SO very thankful for having their family there with me at the hospice house when Mom passed away!  Dear friends like that are a TRUE blessing from God!


I am also tremendously blessed to have gained 2 sisters when I married Greg-Jodi and Emily are a blast to be mothers of 9 cousins together-ages almost 9 down to recently 2.  I couldn't love the two of them more if they had been born my sisters (sorry you feel I stole the birthday, Jo) and I can't wait to be with them again soon.  Happy Mother's Day Jo and Em!

This was at Christmas in 2008-I believe the first time of what has become an annual cookie decorating tradition!

Here is another picture of Bev-doing one of her favorite things-SINGING with grandchildren-probably some rather nutty song!  Only in this picture there were only 2 cousins up and dancing-having a ball with Grammy just the same!

Thank you also to my dear friends from our church in Greenville who have encouraged me as I have spent the last almost 9 years being a mom, especially Leslie, Donna, and Emmalyn!  I appreciate the examples you have been to me and what you have taught in words and actions. 

Let me be among the first to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there-since Sunday does get here sooner in the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment