Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Brent School Food Fest

The boys' school has a Food Fest every year and tables are set up for each country represented in the student body.  I made apple pies for the American table and sadly never got to see it because of rainy weather.  It was a Saturday afternoon and the boys and I went to school and left Greg and Ashley home to enjoy some Daddy/daughter time.  The boys were all about the outdoor games!  The giant slide was awesome-Ryan is in the green shirt going up-Scott is going down in the white shirt-the red things on their arms are like socks with the toes cut out to make them go faster



 Playing carnival games!
 Choosing a prize is SO hard!
 Ryan absolutely LOVES cotton candy and we waited in line forever at the slowest cotton candy maker in the world to get this enormous ball for him but in his mind, we probably could have gone home after this!  I personally think the stuff is gross but it is his favorite!
 I remember being a dunking booth at my high school's Frog Hollow Festival when I was on student council in high school-we were going to come back if the boys' principal got in but he did not!
 Here are some of the food tables-some were set up in the cafeteria-there were all sorts of decorations, some had food made by parents, some catered, and some a combination.  It was great fun to walk around and look at.  The boys enjoyed some French pastries and I made them taste a few things but even I am not all that adventurous-I tasted a few things that I had NO idea what they were and at least one that I was proud of myself for swallowing!



 These are the tables set up outside and in the breezeway areas of the school and the downpour of rain was about to begin.  There is also a talent show prepared by the older kids and fireworks afterwards but I was told that those wouldn't be over until 10 pm or after so we weren't planning to stay even if it hadn't rained but it was a fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment