Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Visit to Ryan's Class

The plan was to leave around 10 or 10:30 to take care of some things at the boys school, eat lunch with Ryan, and then read to his class.  The owners of our house had scheduled someone to come and spray for termites and I was told they would come between 9-9:30.  I should have know better. 

I was getting antsy to leave for school and Greg called to say that he needed our driver to come get a form from him at the office and take it to our neighborhood office to be approved.  This was something we DID NOT want to delay because it was a move in permit for our container that they SAY will be delivered on Thursday-we're not sure that we're going to believe it until we see it sitting on the street with the doors open.

The driver got the permit approved, came back to the house to get me and Ashley and then we were off to Brent School-leaving at the latest time I thought we could and not be late to Ryan's class for reading. 

Added to all this, Scott had forgotten his lunchbox and I emailed the teacher that I would bring it and then had to email her back to say that something had come up-I would get there in time, and to let him buy lunch. Never again will I complain about waiting 2 or 3 hours on a contractor in the US-usually when they say they are going to show up, they actually do.

So-reading to Ryan's class was wonderful!!!!!  They are a really sweet bunch of little 1st graders.  I read them Fast Food-Ryan's favorite library book with the vehicles made of vegetables, Super Sid the Silly Sausage Dog, and then 2 more from his classroom library.  I really enjoyed meeting all of Ryan's friends that he has talked about.  I told them I would look forward to coming back and reading again because reading to children is one of my favorite things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment