Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just a few more things

Go back and check out the last several old posts-I added a bunch tonight.

A highlight that I can't believe I forgot to list-I got to have a WONDERFUL phone conversation with my dear friend Leslie, who has been in Germany for the last 3 years and moved back to Greenville with her family about 2 weeks after we left.  It was the first time we had talked in over a year!  We email all the time and it was such fun to really talk!  I have missed you dear friend and LOVED our talk. It is also great to have a friend who has been through such a similar situation to ours!

Two funny things about the Philippines-

1.  Greg had told me that Christmas is really big here!  Little did I know-On Monday September 12th I was at the mall (it's hard to believe but it had actually been a few days)  I couldn't believe what I heard and saw-Christmas music and decorations-trees in stores and all kinds of decorations for sale and decorating the stores.  I was completely dumbfounded.  I guess we'll have to start shopping for an artificial tree-no NC frasier fur purchased at Home Depot for us this year.  The children would like it but Greg would break the cds if I start playing the Chipmunks Christmas music this soon! 

2.  Corn meal-I KNOW I have seen it somewhere at a grocery store here-now if I could just remember which one.  This is important because I bought some okra recently and have to have cornmeal to fry it in-though mine NEVER turns out as good as my mother's always was.  Daddy and I had fights over the last spoonful.  I may have to post something on one of the message boards I belong to so that I can find it quickly-don't want to waste good okra.  I asked about it at a grocery store and the guy I asked said "corn" and then took me to a box of corn flakes cereal-I don't think it would be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment