Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fall Sunday School Class Ladies Retreat

Something from the Fall I had to go back and put in-

2 funny stories about this weekend-

1.  When I was driving and realized that I had left my kindle at home I was SO sad that I stopped and bought an old fashioned paper book.  When I told Greg about this, knowing that he would laugh at me-he asked if I realized that I could have used my phone's kindle app to access all the books that were already paid for and on my kindle at home-OOPS!

2.  I got home on Sunday just a few minutes before the family got home from church.  When Ashley walked in, I was pleased to see that she was wearing what we had talked about her wearing to church.  It was a new to us, long sleeved knit dress.  The funny part was that she had it on backwards!


Here are a few pictures stolen from the fb pages of others-it was a great time away in the mountains.  We had 3 babies who joined us and some of the ladies we have been in class with since the mid-90s when we joined our church and many new ones have joined us thru the years.  This was another thing that I was super sad to miss out on when we lived in Manila and I couldn't go in 2014 because it was just a couple of weeks after we had moved back.  I have greatly enjoyed the last 2 retreats though!
 We always have beautiful fall decorations!
 and tons of yummy snacks!
 and a beautiful place in God's creation to praise and worship Him!  and we even had nice weather this year.  Last year it rained so much we didn't really get to see much of the retreat center.  Though it was funny that on Sunday morning it was SO windy that the power went out so many of us went home without showers!  It was funny trying to get packed up and make sure we had all of our things in the dark-for a while-the power came back on after we had packed up our rooms.  We were a little concerned about whether or not we were going to get breakfast and the availability of coffee was a HUGE concern for some-not me though!
 Last year we made salvation bracelets with beautiful colored beads.  This year they told us ahead of time that we would be making a fabric cross and they would have fabric if we wanted to use theirs or if we had sentimental fabric or something just the right color to match something in our house that we could bring our own.  I cut the bottom off of this dress that mom had worn in the mid 60s to a formal Navy thing when I found it in her closet.  All the beading was discolored but I thought I might do something with the fabric.  Ashley likes aqua and has some aqua in her butterfly bedspread so I used the fabric and the bow to make this cross for her and put this picture of GG and Grandpa Allen on the back of the board-the father of a lady in our class cut and stained all the boards for us to use-so sweet!  It was a terrific retreat and Ashley seemed pleased with her special new wall decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment