Thursday, May 9, 2013

Random Things

3rd post of the day- These are some flowers in front of our house-my helper does a lot more to take care of them than I do, which is probably why they look pretty!  I have asked the name of them and it is something long and complicated that I can't remember.  Dali calls them the Ashley flower because they are pink.  My mom would have loved talking about and taking care of our flowers with Dali-we are blessed to have such a nice kind helper who takes good care of our family!

 Here is Ashley helping me make gooey (aka lemon chess squares) for Greg.  He loves her new PINK spatula that I found for her and even lets me use it when my others are dirty!

 The above picture is cool because this bowl was one of my parent's wedding gifts.  She had 2 of them-I think the other went to storage but one of them came with us and I always think about my Mom when I use it. 

I remember baking with her when I was little and using these bowls and even after Greg and I were married and I needed to cook something at her house. 

These were in the cabinet with some other plastic bowls that the boys knew was "their" cabinet in GG's kitchen.  They would beat on them with wooden spoons and build with them and knock them down.

It is funny to say I have lots of good memories attached to a bowl, but this one is special!
The above list is what to bring for a father/son camp out with our church.  Greg and the boys are not going-it is TOO hot to camp here and all of our gear went to storage.   However what made me laugh because it is SO different from home is the 6th item down the list-

Food-viands (which is meat in French, I think), canned goods, drinks, snacks, and here was the punch line to me "cooked rice will be provided"  Ashley loves plain rice and Scott loves fried rice-we are a little worried about what Ryan is going to eat when we go to China this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment