Monday, January 9, 2012

Grammy's last day in Manila

 Bev ran in our neighborhood several mornings and decided that it was really fun to swim afterwards.  The kids joined her sometimes.  This morning, she, Scott, and Ryan played "baseball" with the beachball and a water blaster for a bat-quite a humorous game to watch-I was the outfielder.

 Watching and enouraging the bike rider
 and joining in basketball
 That evening we did our gingerbread house-including some engineering help to get the roof to dry in place.


 Watching over the hamsters
 having ice cream sundaes-an Elliott tradition-I think that Elliotts are born loving ice cream!
All on the sofa watching Shaun the Sheep-if you have missed this British cartoon, it is hilarious
Now to the fun part-decorating-really I mean eating the candy!
Ashley and Grammy found this flower on their walk before dinner and the chocolate covered marshmallow on the left of the picture with a banana shaped candy on top-according to Scott is a banana tree in the yard of the gingerbread house.
The kids ate at least as much candy as they put on the house!  but we enjoyed our last evening with Bev.  The boys were given the choice to join me to take Bev to the airport on Friday morning-we left the house at 5am.  They both said they wanted to go.  When I went into Scott's room-he said, "give her a hug and kiss for me I'm too sleepy!"  I laughed because he is usually the first one awake in the house.  I went to Ryan's room next (he is the one that says he didn't get enough sleep almost every morning).  He bounced out of bed and said "yes I still want to go"  So I went back to Scott's room and when he heard that Ryan was going he decided to join us.  Bev and I both noticed though, that it was probably one of the quietest we have EVER heard Scott be-I don't think his mouth or his brain were fully awake yet-it was funny!  After many many hugs we said goodbye and let Bev go into the airport and are so glad that we will see her again in just 5 months!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful trip! Looking forward to family time part two this summer...Love all of you. Thanks for such a great time, Grammy :)

    ReplyDelete