Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A few things from way back last year!


We had fun at a dessert party with a few people from Greg's office and I had to post some pictures after talking about my baking and getting ready.  Marcos and Jaime getting some dessert-above.


 Racing cars on Mario Kart on the wii-we had fun with racing and bowling!
 Below is my short pound cake-don't know why it turned out short!  It could have been that my oven seems to run about 50 degrees too hot so I have to estimate and turn everything down so it doesn't burn or that you are supposed to have all the ingredients at room temperature (but I forgot to let my flour sit out and warm up-I have to keep it in the refrigerator here or it gets bugs in it) who knows?  but it tasted good anyway!  I was a little sad because I wanted to serve the cake with whipped cream and strawberries.  My mixer here is so sad I knew it wouldn't whip cream to make the good homemade kind so I bought the squirt kind in a can.  I waited as long as I could to squirt it into a bowl and because of the humidity here it deflated and looked like white mush in a bowl really fast!  Oh well!

 Scott is really enjoying piano lessons!
 That is Ashley inside her pillowcase from her princess sheets-the things Daddies do to little girls!!!
 I enjoyed having a place to put breakable Christmas things-so glad we brought my parents dining room furniture with us!
 These are 2 other things Greg brought us back from Chile-an Easter Island statue and these cute little lapis lazuli penguins.
Another funny thing that dads like to do

No comments:

Post a Comment