Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas thing I just had to go back and post

All 3 kids had a Christmas Program and I helped with the 1st grade Christmas Party so I just had to share some pictures from those-

I was in charge of one of the games, called the reindeer relay.  I got vaseline (aka reindeer nose glue) and used red ovals to turn all the kids into "Rudolph" and they ran across the track and back.  It was hilarious!  I wonder what the mowers and even the big kids thought as they discovered all these red ovals laying in the grass.  If you run too fast without holding on your nose, it could blow off and when you are a kid you don't stop and pick it up! 

Below is my Ashley with our neighbor Ashley who is also in 1st grade.  My Ashley didn't want to wear her Santa hat for long because it made her head hot but I had to try to look Christmas spirited-I have ordered us all Christmas t-shirts for next year-they were shipped to Grammy's house but didn't arrive in time for her to bring them to us this year.
 The 3 Rudolphs in our family!

 Who is the fastest Rudolph?

 Another game-the present unwrapping relay-we used cereal boxes and any other boxes we could find for the "gifts"
 I will ALWAYS volunteer to read a book to a bunch of children!  It was kind of funny though-since all of our Christmas books went to storage in the US and the kids had had to turn in their books from the school library, I had to beg to find something to read-the librarian already had all of hers packed up but a teacher managed to get one for me!
 a quiet brother sister moment
Scott's Christmas Program-He is in the middle, next to a girl in a red sweater and headband.




 Scott's Christmas Program-their programs are really big, nice productions-lights, drama, great costumes, and the real reason for Christmas-it was great!
Playing with Daddy-this is another funny Ashley story-I bought her this gold Brent house shirt to wear to school things and now she thinks that she has to wear it anytime we go to Brent.  It cracks me up that I found something that she loves to wear that isn't pink-she reallly wants to be like her big brothers!  She even says "it's not fair they get to ride the school bus and they get to go to school all the days"  I will remind her in a few years that she was disappointed to only go to school 3 days a week.
 Here are Greg and Ashley with our big 3rd grader after his program!
 Ryan's program was hilarious-it was the whole Early Learning Center-Nursery (age 3) up through 2nd grade.  Some of the younger groups were very entertaining to watch!

 The "main" ornaments
 Ryan is in the middle
 All the ornaments dancing together-the drama in this program was that the main ornaments didn't think the special ornaments didn't belong-like the hula dancers.
The manger scene at the end with the younger students in animal costumes-they were great!

Ashley's Program was the last one-


 I thought it was funny that Ashley was the only one in short pajamas-they just told us to put them in pajamas-I would have had to go out and buy her long ones anyway!


 They had the older kids talk and it was funny because Ashley is normally such a huge talker but was shy with the microphone in front of her.
This was funny to me-it was the last song and Ashley's class sat down on the floor in front and wasn't supposed to sing-I couldn't have gotten a picture of her if I had wanted one.  This made me elbow Greg and say "you just think I take too many pictures!"  It was a sweet fun program that we enjoyed-always fun to watch preschoolers dance, sing, and do motions!

No comments:

Post a Comment