Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last visit to Atlanta



After some frustration with car problems, after everything had been packed up in our house, the kids and I went to Atlanta.  We had a great few days spending time with both of Greg's sisters and their kids and seeing lots of friends and family and doing fun Atlanta things. 

2nd picture of the cousins in their number shirts the first was at the beach, I'll get those pictures added eventually-standing so you can see their varying heights!  It is never dull when all 9 of them are at Grammy's house.
Ashley and Abby Jane (she turned 3 in February before Ashley did in May)  Surprisingly neither of them got wet as I was taking this picture.
A very popular Elliott activity-eating ice cream-Ryan, Ian, Katie, Scott, and Ashley
Canoeing with Grammy to her neighborhood pool for a swim-the rest of us just went by car

After a trip to the water park and picnic lunch-Abby Jane in polka dots, Ashley, Ryan, Susan, Emily holding Joy, Grammy holding Blythe, and Scott.  Joy was absolutely hilarious that day at the picnic-she was in heaven sitting between a bag of goldfish and a bowl of watermelon-what more could a girl want after a morning of playing in the water?


Playing in the Norcross Fountains
I took the boys to Six Flags-they had earned free tickets from reading books at school.  We had a great time while Ashley stayed home and had a girls day with Aunt Emily, Abby Jane, Joy, Blythe, and Grammy. 











We saw Greg's grandparents-flew paper airplanes off their deck, played in the creek and on the swings, and ate Granny Joan's yummy snacks.  We spent a day playing with Susan's cousins triplet girls, riding the tractor with Uncle Alvie and seeing Aunt Lynda, visiting Aunt Todd, playing at the train park and seeing Stan, having dinner with Uncle Brent and Aunt BJ at the Varsity, and getting to say goodbye to Uncle Jack and Aunt Connie. 

With Joy, Katie, and Sally on their Princess Playground-They are the daughters of my cousin that I grew up across the street from, Steven.

This is Steven's dad, riding the girls and my kids around in the wagon pulled by his tractor.  I wish I knew how many miles he had put on the tractor doing this!  They all love it and we finally got Ashley to ride this time!

The kids with my dear Aunt Lynda and Uncle Alvie-they are my second parents.  It was great to get such a sweet visit with you on our last time in Norcross.


A last Atlanta story with Grammy before she left for work on our last day at her house.

We squeezed as much fun as we could manage into those few days.  Meanwhile Greg was in our mostly empty house doing lots of touch up painting and little repair projects-which are a trick with no tools but he got our house looking good and ready for the renters who were moving in the day we were flying out.  We were amazed at God's timing and provision through these renters-they are a family from Germany-coming to work for BMW and were the first people to look at our house.  They seem very nice and have a 4 year old little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! You're on! I had not heard the pool story. I'll bet those hotel people were nice to you. They were afraid of a law suit! I've heard the edges of some of these stories but it will be fun to catch them right away...I also had not heard about your "things I miss list"- very funny- as well as "things I've never experienced".. No Squid balls for me when I come to visit please... I can tell one thing I am going to like about rainy season... Blog Postings! :)

    ReplyDelete