Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Funniest Storage Story

For her 3rd birthday Uncle Jake and Aunt Emily had gotten Ashley a ladybug habitat and I had ordered the ladybug larvae that we would get to watch grow and mature in this habitat.  They arrived just after we got home from the beach-I'll have to do another huge post about our superfun Elliott family trip before we left later.  We had been faithfully giving water to and watching our ladybug larvae.  I had been watching the kids really carefully when they held the habitat because I didn't want it to come apart.  I had also been carefully keeping it on the higher part of the kitchen counter because I had told the packers NOT to pack anything on that part of the counter. 

The last day that the storage packers were at our house, we were looking for the ladybug larvae and couldn't find them.  I thought maybe one of the kids had put them somewhere but no one had.  We looked through the whole house and couldn't find the ladybug habitat.  I even looked in the last boxes that the packers had loaded from the kitchen-one had packed the clean dishes straight from my dishwasher that morning and I couldn't find the ladybug larvae anywhere.

I had great plans to take the ladybugs to Grammy's house with us for our last few days in the country and show them to all of our cousins and let them go in Grammy's yard.  Sadly we will find a nice habitat with dead ladybugs when we get our things back out of storage-oh well I guess not the worst thing that we could lose.  Another funny thing about the ladybugs is that Ashley couldn't ever remember the word larvae and called them her "ladybug llamas."

No comments:

Post a Comment