Tuesday, February 19, 2013

International Food funny

 I freely admit that I cheat with pie crust-At home, I always bought the pre-made ones in the freezer section of the grocery store!  Well they don't have those here.  My family is funny!  The kids love frittata-basically quiche without any crust that you mix up and bake in an oven safe skillet.  It is super easy.  Greg says it is weird to eat quiche without crust!  I have tried making the dough myself and it was ok but not great.  My pie baking brother in law, Chris, says that I need to keep trying because it gets easier the more you do it.  I am obviously not there yet!  My helper bought some pre-made dough stuff-all the writing on the package was in some foreign language so I don't know what its intended use was but it didn't taste great either!

I was happy to find this alternative in the freezer section at the grocery store this week and bought 2 for us to try.  The kids were not crazy about the ham in it.  Greg thought it was very good though.  I had a really good laugh though when I turned the box over-AFTER buying it-and realized that the instructions were in French.  Thankfully between the high school and college memories of French class, the pictures, and the fact that my oven here has a Celsius and Fahrenheit conversion chart on it I did ok getting it cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment