Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Silly thing Ashley said

Ashley saw some pictures that I had out of the boys with Santa Claus and herself sitting in Santa's lap as a baby, crying.  Ashley made me laugh with what she said after looking at these pictures-"Mommy when Santa comes next time at Christmas, can he stay and bring his bathingsuit and go swimming with us?" 

By the way, I can now say that I have been swimming in an outdoor pool in all 12 months of the year.  When I was in 2nd grade my parents built a pool.  It was built over the winter-the hole even was snowed in and they finished in April.  I was just itching to get in and try it out and my Dad let me and even swam with me, in spite of the fact that the water was VERY cold.  Normal people swim in May, June, July, and August.  Our neighborhood pool in Greenville was open until early September and the kids and I would usually swim right up until they closed the pool-even though the water got colder as soon as the nights started cooling off.  Since being here we have also been swimming in October, November, December, January, February, and now March-so that makes all 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment