Sunday, March 4, 2012

Marathon Friday

We all went to Brent in the van Friday morning early-the boys had been saying they wanted more play time on the playground in the morning before school.  Ashley and I went to chapel with Ryan.  Then we started our round of errands at school:  picking up Scott's tennis shoes at the lost and found, putting lunch money on id cards, and visiting libraries.

Below are some pictures from chapel-





 This is Ashley's little friend Hannah-her mom and I were introduced by the librarian who told me "You have to meet Sheila, she loves children's books as much as you!"  Her husband teaches at Brent and they have 2 older boys also.  She comes to the Moms in Prayer (it used to be Moms in Touch) group that meets at our house each week.  Hannah is younger than Ashley but they love playing together!

 Our friend Alex-next to the principal-getting his Brent Pride award-both of Alex's parents work at Fluor and Alex is in Ryan's class-they came here from Texas.

Below are pictures from the Non-Fiction book festival-Ryan's class

 Showing off the book he wrote about playing soccer and the fact that he has lost 2 teeth while Greg has been gone.
 A fun visit to his class-parents came and we each read several of the children's books and gave the kids stickers and wrote comments about their great non-fiction books.
 Then we got in the van and took Ashley to school-and I caught this cool sight we have seen several times on the expressway-hogs in a truck!  I feel it is my responsibility to give you something to laugh at when you read my blog!



After taking Ashley to school I went back to my house to join part of the Indian cooking class that I had volunteered to have at my house, before I found out the non-fiction book thing was the same day!

 This is what my kitchen counter looked like the night before the cooking class-it was good motivation to clean up and put some things away!

 Priya-our teacher in the denim apron.  She is pregnant with her first child and she and her husband leave the Philippines in 2 weeks to move home to India for the baby's birth and to spend some time with family-I can't believe she is still doing classes.
 Here are the ladies who came
 Love the Mickey Mouse apron
Helping out with our chicken tikka-means grilled chicken-it was delicious but very spicy-even for me.

I had to leave to pick up Ashley from school and go back to Brent to pick up Scott, Ryan, and Ryan's friend, Angel, who was coming home to play-His birthday is also March 10th and he is one of Ryan's favorite little boys in his class.  We had  a great time playing.  The kids played in the playroom while I iced some cookies for an ALIG charity event that was supposed to have happened on Saturday and decorated Ryan's cookie cake for his birthday.  We ordered pizza, went swimming, and watched Cars 2.

As I was going to get Ashley, I got a call from the school nurse that Ryan had tripped and fallen on the playground during recess but waited until after PE class (which is next after recess) to come to the nurse's office.  I took that to mean his injury didn't hurt that badly.  I am very glad it doesn't hurt Ryan as much as it looks like it would.  I don't know that I have ever seen a bruise this blue and purple!


The picture doesn't do it justice-looks "blue-er" in person!


 Our crowd in the pool
 Ready to jump-I think I am going to get Angel some pool things for his birthday!




 The kids all had fun together

 Splash goes Ryan!
 Diving into some pizza!
 Look at my big snaggle-toothed almost 7 year old!  Don't worry-we have more celebrating planned when Greg gets home.  Since Ashley, Scott, and I share a birthday-also with Greg's sister Jodi and as it turns out, one of Scott's best friends in his class here, Emilio-Ryan likes to "share" his birthday with Greg since theirs are only 2 weeks apart!  We are planning a night out where Ryan gets to pick the restaurant and a movie or wii games at home for the 5 of us.
 Another shot of his bruise
The birthday boys watching Cars 2!

After today, we are spending Saturday at home, kids in pjs all day and relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment