Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Mostly Alexander-y Day

Greg and I jokingly call days that are rough "Alexander-y" after the kids book-Alexander's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  It's funny.

First the good points of the day-there were some!
1.  Bible Study Fellowship
2.  Finding out that Scott made the swim team at school!
3.  Pulling Ryan's second tooth in a week
4.  Ashley actually took a nap today
5.  All 4 of us got to talk to Greg in Perth for a little while

The Alexander-y part-
1.  Today was late start day at school-bus leaves at 8 instead of 7:15 and I was looking forward to sleeping in-I was not thrilled to hear "MAMA!" at 6:30-Ashley was awake and ready to begin her day and "very hungry"

2.  Scott wore his crocs home from school yesterday after swimming but realized this morning that he had left his tennis shoes at school so he had to wear his other school shoes with his pe uniform.  Tennis shoes were not still at the pool when Scott looked there today-maybe I will be able to get them from the lost and found tomorrow.  Hoping not to have to go tennis shoe shopping this weekend.

3.  On the way to the bus stop, Scott told me that he had lost the money that he was supposed to have used to pay for something at school yesterday-it was only about $1 but I had put it in an envelope and put his name on the outside of it and made it point of having him put it in his backpack-that was found in his desk today.

4.  So I put the boys on the bus and came home.  Then I got Ashley settled doing something quiet (not an easy challenge these days) and was finishing the last few Bible Study questions that I didn't get to finish at 6:30.

5.  Then as I was changing into the clothes I was going to wear to Bible Study I realized that I had nearly forgotten to pick up my new friend Sarah who wanted to go to the Intro class with me today-it only meets once a month, so it would have been a bad thing to forget.  Sarah is originally from Sri Lanka by way of New Zealand and London-has a great accent, been here about a year, and just had her first baby on Dec. 26.  So I hurried to finish getting ready and pick up Sarah.

6.  We got lost and it took us much longer than it should have to find Sarah's house and we were late to BSF but everyone is always late in the Philippines so it wasn't too big a deal.

7.  On Thursdays Scott swims after school, comes home, and sometimes gets off the bus before his piano teacher gets here.  Today he was here long enough to tell Greg he'd made the swim team and eat part of a snack.  While he was having his piano lesson, a classmate called to ask if he could make a copy of a paper for a class project.  As I was telling Scott about his friend's phone call I just happened to ask, already dreading the answer, when is this paper (a plan for his Invention Convention project) due?????  Of course, he said TOMORROW!  Thankfully it was not a long thing to do but needless to say I was not happy that he was just now sharing this info with me and that he hadn't written it down in his planner AT ALL!

Now to the kitchen at 9pm to bake a big chocolate chip cookie with a number 7 on it to share with Ryan's school friend that is coming home to play-after we go to ELC chapel, visit the library, hunt the lost tennis shoes, put money on the id for lunch purchases, check the school store for new planners, read and review 1st grade non-fiction books, take Ashley to school at 11:30, and come home to the Indian cooking class that will be in progress in my kitchen-oh yeah, maybe I should clean off my kitchen counter a little bit while the cookie bakes. 

I will leave you with these pictures of the I miss Daddy face-she did it once all on her own.  It was so funny that I told her to do it again so I could get a picture.

 What cracks me up is that I start laughing so hard at the above face the corners of her mouth start turning up and she can't keep the sad face for long.

 She's trying but can't hold the sad face
 Really starting to crack
Then here's the face we see most of the time!  It makes me smile even after an Alexander-y day!  Hope it will you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment