Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Trip to Cebu

 3rd post of the day for me-

We stayed at this absolutely gorgeous place called the Imperial Palace-chosen for the great waterpark, for Bev, Ryan, and Ashley to play in while Scott, Greg, and I were off diving!
They had a lazy river.  Scott and Ryan LOVED going around and picking up all the extra tubes and playing with them!
This area is called Captain Hook's Pool and had fun stuff to play on!




Ashley and Greg floating around the lazy river
and then there are the water slides!!!!!  I didn't know quite how this was going to turn out:  the website said you had to be 8 or older for the off white one and 11 or older for the other 2.  I had told the kids that Greg and I would try them out and let them know what we thought.
Ryan is not usually the first one to volunteer to try something new but I had told him that he HAD to try one of the slides just once (I had done this for the last 2 summers without success).  Well, finally this time it worked!  He tried and LOVED the slides!  He did the off white and green (which was partially dark inside)  ones over and over and over and over!  
The lifeguards said nothing about anyone's ages but a parent had to sign a waiver each day the kids were going to do slides.  One day the boys went separately their first time and I signed a waiver for one and when I went back to sign the waiver for the other, the guy tried to tell me that I had signed already.  I explained that it was for a different child-we all look the same to them too!





Below is their "beach"  just not quite the same as what we think of as the beach in the US.  There was only a very thin layer of sand on the level at the top of the steps.




Scott and Grammy on the lazy river

This is the red and white slide-you quite often got dumped out of this one upside down into a deep pool.  Scott still thought that one was great too!


Seeing Santa in the Philippines!
This is Ashley on the water slide-she is obviously not 8 or 11 but the posted height requirement at the park for the slides was 4 feet tall.  She isn't that tall either!  I guess they thought she was close enough at 3ft 9 1/2 inches.  She had a blast on both






On Christmas Day, I had brought the children each a package to open-all got new games by the same company who makes Spot It-one of our favorite games ever-Thanks to Aunt Ann!


Here is the tree in the resort lobby!
This was our last morning when we were ready to leave!
Here is the outside of the hotel

More posts about the trip to come-diving with Scott and our day trip to Oslob.

No comments:

Post a Comment