Monday, January 13, 2014

Kindergarten Party!

 Here are some pictures from Ashley's classroom-they were talking about transportation, wrote about themselves underneath the self portrait
 and made clothing for a doll out of fabric.
 At the beginning of the party, my friend Melissa read all the Kindergarteners a neat Christmas story


 Then they were divided up into groups for 3 activity stations-below they were ready to make reindeer food-which we sprinkled in our grass the night before we left on our Christmas trip.

 I was in the gym where the kids came for the package relay!  It was hilarious!  When the first group that didn't do what I said I thought "ok I can explain it more clearly to the next group."  Then I noticed one little boy's mother seeming to give him the instructions in a language I didn't understand-Korean I think.  The kids all wanted to run at the same time and there was much debate over who got which package until I explained that
1.  They weren't getting to take the packages home and
2.  They were empty anyway

 We had to recruit some adult help if the teams weren't even.


 Oh well-they all had lots of fun running around with the packages!

 I thought this was a hilarious bulletin board near the gym door


 Lots more running with packages!





 



 The third station was cookie decorating.  Then they went back to listen to another Christmas story!

 We took a break while they went to their special area classes and got the food ready.  I had never seen hotdogs and marshmallows served together on a stick!  Then one of my Filipino friends told me that is a popular snack here and the biggest first birthday food!  A funny cultural difference!
 This is the table with all the sweets and there were TONS!
 We had asked for savory foods too but by far got more sweets
 The children were quite happy!

 and Ashley got a hot dog and marshmallow skewer to have with her chicken nuggets and sugar overload!
 It was a really fun party!


No comments:

Post a Comment