Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Playing in Norcross

 Time in Norcross-some people may find this a little odd but I wanted to do something with the children as a remembrance of GG and GreatMommy so we bought balloons for my parents and grandparents and tied them onto the vases at their markers at the cemetery.  We had fun at Publix choosing a balloon for each of them.  Grandpa Allen whose favorite color was red got a red balloon and then Ryan decided he should have the red one with white hearts.  GG got gold and blue for the sand and the water at the beach.  GreatMommy loved flowers so her balloon had flowers on it and my Grandaddy got the yellow one with the big smile.

After the cemetery we went to one of the children's favorite places in Norcross-the train park!






 Then we went to play in the fountains

 and our patience was rewarded with a train to watch go by.
 watching someone at the park who had a remote controlled helicopter
 a spur of the moment dinner at Burger King with Becki
 Fun with popsicles and cousins

 Crafts
 Eating at the Varsity!!!!
 So good to be with family we hadn't seen in a whole year!
 Another top outing in Norcross!  Riding the tractor with Uncle Alvie!


 Uncle Alvie and Aunt Lynda were my 2nd set of parents growing up and have been there for me at every important event in my life-the good and the bad!  So it is very special to me to see how much my children love to be with them!


 catching butterflies and smelling flowers

 Uncle Alvie has ridden these 6 MANY miles!

The whole gang-on the left Aunt Ann-who is Aunt Lynda's sister and lives in Colorado-Joy, Katie, Sally, Scott, Ryan, and Ashley-except for me-well someone has to take the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment