Tuesday, August 21, 2012

After the beach

 First stop Savannah-I wanted to eat at Paula Deen's but had to be satisfied with the gift shop since the wait for lunch was 3 hours!
 Isn't this cool?  We walked through several squares between the parking garage and lunch.
 Trolleys are really cool

 Playing with the horses is too!
 We found a fountain to splash in too on the way back to the car
 Next stop Charleston-looking out at the water
 You can guess why I took a picture of this house for Ashley-we talked about Rainbow Row and all 3 picked out multiple houses that they would like to live in b/c of the color as I drove around Charleston looking for stuff and had no clue where I was going
 This is what we saw when we pulled into the parking lot at the Yorktown-Scott was drooling to go on a helicopter tour.  If Greg had been there too, I would have wanted to go also.  I told the kids that Daddy would be too sad if he found out we had done that without him.  In reading the sign later, it said that helicopter would only hold 3 passengers, so what would I have done anyway?????  Leave someone behind watching the van?????  or send all 3 of my kids and the pilot up for a tour??????  I told them we'd go back sometime with Greg!


 I truly think the boys would have been happy to play on these guns for HOURS!!!!!!!
 Wow that's big!


 I lost count of how many times I drove over this bridge when I DID NOT mean to!
 Ok-if I didn't know from God's Word that there are no tears and sadness in Heaven I would say that my Daddy would have wanted to have been with us the day we saw the Yorktown-I sure wanted him there seeing how much his grandsons were enjoying it!  We had numerous talks about which plane was your favorite

 Hopefully no one would let these 3 fly a plane!!!!







 Mommy finally got a turn in the Captain's chair!
 I could have stayed on the Yorktown reading plaques and exploring for days but you have to see things differently with kids along too.

Though they enjoyed the grandness of the ship, one of my favorite parts was the Medal of Honor museum that was on board.  It was really neat with a ton of historical info-pictures and videos of award winners-the youngest ever a 12 year old drummer from back in the Civil War.  Many interesting quotes on the walls including one from a US President who said that he would rather have won the Medal of Honor than to have been President.  Living away and being back someplace like this made me even more grateful and appreciative of being an American.


 3rd stop-after one night spent in Charleston-my K-5 friend Katy's house
 Ashley and her son Joash

 They have a great back yard!

 We went to the beach-2 adults and 8 kids-and we came back home with all of them!

 Scott spent the WHOLE time we were at the beach in the waves and got his face terribly sunburned!
 Joash leaping into the water
 Hannah Kate and Ashley-above and below-doesn't everyone need a balloon hat as tall as they are?????


 All 8 together!  We only had 1 picture of me and Katy together and she didn't like it so I won't post it here but I'll just say that it is AMAZING to have friends that you can go years without seeing b/c of having babies and the craziness of life and they will let your wild children invade their house, play with you, talk like you saw each other last week, and have an awesome time with!  We can't let this much time pass before we get together again!
By the way there is a cool Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach-Greg collects t-shirts so we stopped to get him one.

No comments:

Post a Comment