Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Lists

Top 10 Things I miss about the USA:
10.  One stop shopping like Wal-Mart and Target and the selections of things that are available there
9.  The independence of driving myself places
8.  Playdates at the park with my kids’ friends from home
7.  Our church family at home-though we have found a church we enjoy attending here-Victory Alabang that meets at Festival Mall
6.  Public restrooms stocked with toilet seats, toilet paper, paper towels, and soap-see #4
5.  Being able to order things from Amazon and not pay ridiculous shipping prices
4.  The thickness, quality and availability of all paper products-napkins (I ordered 5 burgers, 5 drinks, and other stuff at a Wendy’s here and they gave me 3 napkins!)  paper towels, scrapbook, construction, and wrapping paper, not to even comment on toilet paper!
3.  The Changing 4 seasons we had in South Carolina-I didn’t appreciate/enjoy this as much as I should have
2.  Chick-Fil-A-a southern Christian chicken fast food restaurant that has AWESOME food!
1.  Family and Friends-though our ooma telephone device makes this better because for a flat rate each month I can call as often and talk as long as I like with no guilt


Top 10 Things I love about Manila-
10.  Never running out of malls to explore and celebrating Christmas for 4 solid months
9.  Support, encouragement, message boards, and friends from ALIG and American Women’s Club
8.  Fun day trips like Ark Avilon Zoo, Manila Ocean Park, and Enchanted Kingdom
7.  The many really nice people I have met so far-Filipinos and other expats
6.  Never having to look for a parking space or walk from one in the rain-thanks to my driver!
5.  A very spacious house
4.  It is really cool to live in a foreign country on the opposite side of the world-opportunities to see and do things that you would have never otherwise gotten to do
3.  Not having to wash dishes, clean, or do laundry-thanks to my house helper!
2.  My kids schools
1.  Year ‘round swimming, a pool in our own backyard, and someone else who takes care of it

No comments:

Post a Comment