Friday, March 20, 2015

1st day of School-Take 2

We had spent the night at the hotel because it was closer to Scott's school and he was supposed to arrive first that day (normally MS starts at 8:15 and Elementary at 7:45)-don't think I have ever taken first day of school pictures in a hotel before! 


Nice picture
 The always requested crazy face!
 Outside Ashley and Ryan's school-this is its 3rd year open and they LOVE it there!  We have been very happy.  Both have amazing teachers.  I had a chance to talk to Ryan's briefly about his recent tooth injuries and found out that she used to work in a dentist's office-thank you God!  She is also a Christian who feels a burden to teach in public schools-I have since found out.  She has a big family-has had 2 new grandchildren born since we moved here and it just a sweet sweet lady and loves science-such a perfect fit for Ryan!

Ashley's teacher is younger and her love of her job really shows!  She is expecting her first child and will be leaving mid-April.  Ashley will miss her a ton!
 Outside of Scott's school-I had to really be a big girl when the guidance counselor had shown us Scott's schedule, taken some paperwork, and told me that he would walk Scott to class!  I hugged and kissed him goodbye and Ashley, Ryan, and I left.  I did make an opportunity for myself a couple of weeks later to come in, bring treats for them, and just briefly meet teachers in person.  Some are tough and expect a lot but all seem friendly and genuinely concerned for their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment