Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Funny Things

2nd post of the day-


1.  I had bought coffee and had the coffee pot out when Bev came but I had forgotten to buy coffee filters.  We went to 3 grocery stores before we found any!

2.  Greg wanted some bandaids that had no cartoon characters on them-why?????  So we were all 5 in the grocery store and had looked all through the aisles where toothpaste, shampoo, and other personal care products were with no luck finding ANY bandaids!  So I suggested that Greg go over to the glassed in room at the front of the grocery store which is called the wine cellar.  It has a counter in the front with over the counter medicines and bandaids.  Don't you keep your bandaids in your wine cellar?????  Then what was also funny, the bandaids were in the very front of the glass case so a stock boy had to come and practically unload the glass case to get to the bandaids!

Can't remember if I have already posted these two-

3.  I went to the store and was looking for Sharpie pens.  I looked all around in the office supply area-when I asked if they had Sharpie pens and they showed me thumb tacks!  I smiled and said thank you!

4.  A friend asked her helper to get cream of tartar from the grocery store (which they do sell here) but she came home with tartar sauce! 

Yes we all do speak English and the Filipinos certainly know more English than the handful of Tagalog words that I know, but sometimes the results of the language misunderstandings make for funny stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment