Sunday, September 23, 2012

Craziness here

I was out shopping and saw more Easter candy today (early September)-I did not buy anymore!

There is a shoe store in the mall here where you can buy shoes-MEN'S shoes that promise to make you up to 4 inches taller! 

I was shopping again recently (mid September) and saw the perfect Christmas trees for my sisters and brothers in law-all 4 Auburn grads.  Jake, Em, Chris, and Jodi-don't you want a BRIGHT ORANGE Christmas tree???????  They were only about $140 but of course I would probably spend nearly that much again shipping it to you all the way from here.  In the same store with the orange tree, they had a hot pink one, lime green and bright aqua. I saw ornaments, lights-some strands that even sing to you, and all kinds of other decorations out.  I felt sorry for the cashiers who have to listen to the singing Christmas lights for almost 4 more months.  They were bothering me after standing in line just a very short time!  I also saw a blow up thing for your yard-Santa flying an airplane-it was nearly $300!  Don't think we will have one of those!

Ashley and I were in a bookstore that we don't usually go in and she got all excited about all the Santas in there as part of decorations.  What made me laugh was the one table of Halloween decorations and costumes in the midst of all the Christmas stuff.

We were eating lunch over the weekend and were having Doritos-Greg said that he thought they didn't taste as good because they weren't as "cheesey".  I laughed at him and didn't take him very seriously.  While out shopping this week I bought a bigger bag of Doritos at a different store.  The "not as cheesey" ones were made in Taiwan and the bigger bag was made in Texas.  Both were marked import on the bag.  We did a blind taste test after dinner last night and Greg said the ones made in Texas were better and "cheesier".

As moms we laugh about our job titles and the many hats we wear no matter where we live but something that is funny to me about living here is that only my close friends actually call me Susan.  I have had children-even Scott's friends call me "Scott's mom" which makes me laugh-a title that I am glad to have but it still makes me laugh.  Our helper, driver, etc all call me ma'am.  In Tagalog the word for ma'am or sir is "po" used as a title of respect which is nice but it is funny to me when I am called both po and ma'am together.

Ashley's classmates are hilarious.  I have trouble telling the girls apart and have been trying to learn their names correctly.  MJ-short for Marianna Jo, I think-calls me "Susan" and says hi to me loudly every morning at school.  I couldn't remember Zoey's name and kept calling her other things.  This morning I called her Zoey and in a minute, she said "no I am Steph"  As I was starting to apologize for calling her the wrong name AGAIN one of the teachers smiled and said that she was teasing me that she really was Zoey.




No comments:

Post a Comment