Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ashley funnies

She LOVES to draw and color these days!  If I saved everything that she drew our large house here would be FULL!  She also tells me that they are all very IMPORTANT papers.  I would get in trouble if she knew that I throw some of the away-actually send them to our ALIG charity donation collector.  I tell myself though that maybe they will get re-used by someone to fold into Christmas ornaments maybe.  I wouldn't feel so bad if I knew that what she had drawn ended up like these

 Ryan chose the bell for himself, Scott the multi-colored tree, I bought Greg the snowman since green is his favorite color, Ashley's tree is the pink one, and I chose the red and white star.
 I can't imagine the time and patience it would take to make these-and I paid 50 pesos each for them-that is just over $1.
 Below are some extras I bought to give as gifts and I need to buy a bunch more at the next American Women's Club bazaar
Here is the site for the group who made these-

http://mynifftycrafters.multiply.com/


On Wednesday and I took Ashley to school and while we were coming back home, got a text from her teacher that the Mayor  had called off school for the day.  So we went back to get her.  As we were driving home, Ashley pointed out the window and said "is that him?"  I said "who?"  The man who is in charge and decides about school.  I told her that I didn't think the mayor would be out riding on a motor scooter in the rain but he was probably in an office somewhere.  So then we came home and have looked him up on the internet and found his picture so now Ashley knows who the mayor is.

Ashley called it our secret day because there were no boys here just us girls.  We read a bunch of books, colored, played in the playroom, sorted out and organized toy food in the play kitchen, made a scrapbook for Hannah's birthday party, and had a lunch picnic in the den while watching Madeline-all while it continued to rain outside.  A very fun day!  I think our rain gauge was empty over the weekend and now is up to 5 inches.  I think it was at just 4 inches first thing this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment