Friday, January 5, 2018

Other Christmas things

 Ashley enjoying her rings swing


Trying to make poor Max model her Christmas party headband-he is so good natured and puts up with a lot!

 At Roper Mountain Science Center where (in our opinion) they have the best Christmas light drive thru in town and we are SO sad this was their last year!

 Love all their pretty lights
 A few years ago, Ryan saw the below display from the car and said "why is that snowman holding a chainsaw?"
 walking around to look at some lights and the giant Christmas cards they have out

 below is the Grinch
 Here is Greg

 waiting with his eyes covered
 to be given an early Christmas present!
 He had been talking about ordering a new jacket and I encouraged him to try them on in a store.  Ashley and I were at the mall one night before Christmas and bought one for him-we had even worked out a crazy silly way to wrap it.  We decided to give it to him early when he suggested we go out jacket shopping a few days before Christmas.  So much for the surprise under the tree but he did really like the jacket and has decided to keep it!

 Ashley helping make cookies-I LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer.  It is white because that was the only color they made them in when I was in college and mom and dad bought it for me one year for Christmas.  Part of me would love to have a purple one or a green one and they make them now where the head of the mixer lifts up but I am sentimental about my mixer so I won't replace it.  Ashley loves to help out in the kitchen!
 Here is Max looking on-ever hopeful that we will drop something!
 Ryan's strings teacher very cleverly suggested that students could replace their required January practice document by doing a concert for family over the holidays-he even had to type up a program and leave space for audience comments.  I wrote some from me and some from Max.  Here is Ryan getting set up and selecting his music.


 Then the others got in on the idea too!

 we laugh about the funny expressions Ryan makes while concentrating really hard when he plays!

 This is a funny face too!



 finally the tuba played-this one is a St. Petersburg tuba so we call him Peter

 Here is Greg trying to teach Ashley how to do the cup passing game during "Angels We have Heard on High"

No comments:

Post a Comment