Sunday, April 13, 2014

Random Recent Things

 2nd post of the day

A special author (Anne Sibley O'Brien) visited the school and talked about writing and illustrating children's books-the kids were all excited about meeting her and having their books signed.  Ashley's teacher sent me these pictures.  Ashley's book is about a cool celebration of a child's first birthday in Korea where they play a game where the child chooses an item to predict what their job will be in adulthood.  The author is a neat multicultural lady whose books and personality seemed to be a great fit for our school.
 
 Ashley LOVES to draw too-here are some of her recent creations!

 I love to try and guess what creative spellings are really supposed to be!

 Don't you wish you had purple lipstick and eyelashes that are different colors????
 She draws for the whole family-BatMan and the green guy is some Pokemon character.
 I think I like the picture she drew for me and Greg better!
 Ryan at swim team practice!
practicing butterfly strokes!

 Another of Ashley's drawings-a better dragon than I could draw!



 The boys came home from a bike ride, were really hot, and wanted to swim in their clothes-so we let them!



 I think wet clothes feel gross but they thought it was terrific!
 I realized that I forgot to add the pictures of us celebrating Greg's birthday at home exactly the way he likes it-quiet and with ice cream cake!

 
 Scott and Ryan (who was away at children's church camp with a friend-they had a ball and got to miss 2 days of school!) received medals for their taekwondo tournament
 and a swim meet  that was a while back
 Here is Scott sitting with his class in chapel.  His awesome teacher is the one beside him in red!

No comments:

Post a Comment