Saturday, April 27, 2013

APAC

2nd post of the day-

The competition this time was track and field and we had 4 girls stay with us from an international school in Shanghai-it was fun to have them and we enjoyed learning about their school and what we should do in Shanghai on our China tour this summer before home leave.

Here are some pictures of the competitions we saw-sadly I let the girls get away without a picture of them!


Watching the high jump




 This is the gym where Ryan has PE class-the high jumpers were fun to watch!




 I REALLY don't think that Ashley believed me when I told her that the big boys would run and jump over these things called hurdles!
 She saw them do it and was fascinated watching-the race was so quick that I didn't get a chance for any pictures.
 Any trip to school is made better with a chance to play with her buddy, Hannah!
 Here are some of the runners-3 of the girls who stayed with us were runners-some even long distance.  I asked how many times around the track was their longest run and they said 7 1/2.  I can't imagine, especially in this heat-it has been in the low to mid 90s here for the last several weeks!
 This is how Ashley and Hannah do the hurdles-they run under them!


 In just a couple of Saturdays-the school is having a track and field day for the lower school-3rd to 5th grade.  Scott is going to do high jump, hurdles, and run the 100m dash-I will be sure to post pictures.  He is looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive Scott! I didn't know you did track and field in addition to swimming... A man of many talents! I guess it's because you are almost ten!

    ReplyDelete