Thursday, June 13, 2013

I am becoming my mother and mother in law

to some degree-we leave for China in the morning and I have wikipedia article printouts for all the things we are going to see!

3rd post of the day!

At least I don't have a whole suitcase of travel books, like my dear mother in law forced all of us "kids" to haul through Europe!  Just teasing, Bev!

I remember my mom talking about wishing that she had read/studied about where she was going before she and some of the Navy wives went to Europe following the ship and how she did read about all those places when she got back.  She loved that I had to go to EXTRA classes after school before our 7th grade Washington DC trip.

We have read the Magic Tree House book where Jack and Annie go to China.  Now we are halfway through a trailblazer book called Shanghaied to China about Hudson Taylor, the missionary.  We have studied maps, learned the names and order of cities we're visiting, learned a few phrases in Chinese-probably pronouncing them very badly, but we will try to be polite!  We have read my cousin and her husband's blog about their visits to the same sites.

Our bags are almost all packed, squeezed shut to the right measurements so now all you have to do is wait for the zillions of pictures that I will have to post after our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment